STEPS TO ENTER
Entrant fills out their entry and payment information. After the information is submitted, it is automatically stored within a secure database and an alert is sent to the entrant with the entry serial numbers, submittal process and receipt.
For tips and information on putting together a winning entry, plan to attend How to Succeed at CARE on June 20th 11:30 am to 1:00pm at the HBA. For handout materials from the How to Enter CARE presentation including SAMPLE ENTRIES, Click here to download.
The following information and accompanying materials will be reviewed as part of the judging process. Provide all applicable information and submit them named/numbered in the order to be viewed by judges.
- Team/Project Information Form – Please fill out completely Note: List all participants in the project, who will be recognized at the awards ceremony and subsequent publicity. It is important that ALL Team members have valid email addresses. Includes Project statement of no more than 500 words.
- Photography – To help the judges determine structural and aesthetic changes, please submit interior and exterior (if applicable) photographs that depict the scope and nature of the project, up to 4 before images and up to 8 after images total (except whole house projects, where up to 20 images are allowed). You MUST have at least one “before” photo.
- Plans and Drawings – Before and after floor plans, elevations or other drawings sufficient to illustrate the scope of the projects must be submitted with each entry. Floor plans should be presentation-style and labeled with room names. Plans and drawings must not exceed 8 1/2 x 11 inches. Saved as PDF
- Confidentiality – To ensure fair and impartial judging, company and/or individual names must not appear in any photograph or any other entry materials to be judged. Company and/or individual names must appear on the Team/Project Information sheet that will not be seen by the judges. Use your assigned entry serial number plus serial or description to name all of your entry materials. IMPORTANT! – It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that names/logos of companies or entrants are NOT SHOWN on floorplans, photos or the project statement (judging materials). Failure to do so will result in automatic disqualification.
August 12, 2019 — Midnight is the extended, LAST CALL DEADLINE for receipt of completed entry submittals. Entries received after the deadline will not be judged, and entry fees will not be refunded.
The Custom Builder and Remodeler Council (CBRC) of the Denver Metro Home Builders Association will celebrate the 21st Annual Colorado CARE awards on September 19th, 2019 at the Ritz Carlton in Denver.
Unlike other HBA-sponsored design contests, CARE is open to all, not just members of the Home Builders Association of Metro Denver or its Custom Builder & Remodeler Council. The CARE awards are judged blind by local and notable design professionals, making it a fair competition that recognizes excellence throughout Colorado.
A jury of professionals in the custom building, remodeling and renovation industry will select the winners. Typically, one winner will be selected for each category. Judges may move an entry to a secondary category at their sole discretion. Judges may choose not to award in a specific category. Decisions of judges are final.
Judging criteria will include:
- Strength of design ideas
- Aesthetic and market appeal
- Sensitivity to existing structure
- Appropriate use of existing building elements
- Function and flow
- Overall presentation and compliance with entry requirements
Winning projects will be honored at the Awards Reception on September 19th, 2019. All award-winning projects will be posted on www.thecareawards.com. Press releases and photos of winning projects will be shared via local, national and social media.
Additionally, each of the 2019 CARE Award winners will receive a complimentary social media package for up to 12 weeks provided by Blufish Design Studio. For each of the 2019 CARE Award winners, Blufish will share its expertise and digital know-how in the form of a targeted social media package custom fit to each winner including:
- Discovery and consultation
- Strategic planning and content development
- Up to 12 weeks of content management
- Reporting and analytics
Custom home builders, remodeling or custom building contractors, architects, designers, homeowners, builders, developers, planners, kitchen and bath specialists, interior designers, landscape designers and architects, and other building professionals may submit entries. Joint entries are no longer permitted. Projects completed after December 31, 2015, are eligible for this year’s competition. Projects that were entered but did not win previous CARE Awards are eligible. Previous winning projects are not eligible.
August 12, 2019 — Midnight is the extended, LAST CALL DEADLINE for receipt of completed entry submittals. Entries received after the deadline will not be judged nor will entry fees be refunded.
DIGITAL ENTRY MATERIALS
Your assigned entry number must appear on all materials. All entry materials must be labeled with the assigned entry number – Example: 01-1005
IMAGES & PLANS
Digital images saved at 300 dpi – sized to at 1800 pixels wide – saved at 300 dpi JPEG format ONLY. All plans should be saved as high resolution PDF – 8 ½” x 11”
Images should be named with your Category number, entry serial and sequence number or description.
01-1005_2.jpg (thru 8 images)
01-1005_teamform.doc OR .pdf
Your entry materials are due by August 12, 2019.
Materials for all entries include:
- Team/Project Information Form
- Photo Release Form
- Digital Files — site plan, floor plan, and photo images required.
We suggest you submit your entry materials via file sharing services.
FTP, Dropbox, or Hightail are all acceptable methods – send link for download to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions during the process please feel free to contact our offices.
Lisa Parrish | Administrator
909.987.2758 or 800.658.2751
All materials submitted to the Colorado Custom and Remodeling Excellence Awards become property of the contest and sponsors who assume, though non-exclusive, rights to reproduce and distribute selected images in print and electronic form to media outlets to publicize the winners of the competition (see photo release).
ONLINE ENTRY FORM FUNCTIONALITY
- Entrant fills out their entry and payment information
- After the information is submitted, it is automatically stored within a secure database and an alert is sent to the entrant with the entry serial numbers, submittal process and receipt.